On the heels of giving many thanks and taking stock on all we are thankful for over this past Thanksgiving weekend; we begin to look forward to arguably the most magical time of the year.
December is typically a robust month for our industries, and this year is setting up to deliver another strong finish. Dealers are seeing a bit more inventory, used car pricing has somewhat settled into a comfortable position, and the recent rise in interest rates hasn’t seemed to slow sales as much as some anticipated. Dealers should consider these headwinds in their 2023 planning and forecasting.
Here are a few items which seem to be picking up energy in our recent conversations with dealers across the country.
- After announcing massive investment requirements for its dealers, Ford delays decision date to December 2nd.
- 60-day delinquencies hit highest level in over a decade.
- FTC extends deadline by 6-months for compliance.
- Fed signals slower rate hikes.
- Carvana continues their market-cap free fall.
- Kick UP Your Boots in Dallas at NADA Show 2023
As the team at ADS looks back on 2022 and the many successes we’ve had, we are proud to have the partnerships we have with so many dealers and industry leading providers. Without the resolute support of so many, we wouldn’t be able to be so focused on exceeding our dealer’s goals and objectives.
Link to our full newsletter.